In which I ask GTP-Chat to write a song

In my last post I mentioned that, at first glance, the text generating program GTP-Chat was way more boring than its predecessor GTP-3.  This is true if one's main goal in life is to elicit cheerfully inaccurate information and loopy opinions about bluegrass.  But there are other things it can do, like songwriting.  For me, writing a good song can take days, weeks, months and even decades.  This amazing little bot wrote the following song in less than five seconds...

could you write a country song based upon an astronaut who is on mars and is missing his home in Carolina, his sweetheart Emma, and his dog Blotto?


Sure, here is a possible country song based on that premise:


Verse 1: I'm a million miles away from home 

On this red planet all alone 

I miss the mountains and the pines 

And my sweetheart's soft and gentle eyes


Chorus: I'm an astronaut on Mars 

Missing Carolina and my Emma 

And my faithful hound Blotto 

I'll be home soon, don't you worry


Verse 2: I stare out at the Martian sky 

And think of all the things I left behind 

The fireflies and the honeysuckle vines 

The way the sun sets on the Carolina pines



Bridge: But I'll keep on truckin' and doin' my part 

To explore this strange and distant world 

And bring back tales of wonders untold 

For all the folks back home in Carolina


In the interest of full disclosure.  1) I haven't found a way to copy the text from GTP-Chat so that it comes out formatted properly.  Except when indicated the words are the same but everything has been reformatted.  2) While songwriting, GTP-Chat will print out every chorus.  I am assuming that my audience is familiar with "The Really Good Book of Standard Bluegrass Songs" and doesn't need to have the choruses printed, so I deleted the extra choruses.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In which we discuss the Stanley Brothers cover of "Finger Popping Time" as well as a.i.'s own musical preferences

In which I discuss Bill Monroe's philosophy of life (and his horse) with a computer

"Christmas Time's a Coming" in haiku