In which I ask DALL-E 2 to make up some bluegrass gospel record covers -- Part 1

 The Stanley Brothers --"Good Old Camp Meeting Songs," Reno and Smiley -- "16 Greatest Gospel Hits", Flatt and Scruggs -- "Sacred Songs",...  Chances are that if you have some old bluegrass gospel albums, you have at least one that features a duo or band standing outside a church.   

Here I went to DALL-E 2 and asked it to generate some album covers -- my request was "A record cover for a bluegrass gospel record with a man with a banjo and a man with a guitar standing in front of a church."

Interestingly enough, DALL-E 2 had a very hard time with banjos and at times was challenged by guitars. Necks, in particular got weird or disappeared entirely.

Here are the results.  After these four, I decided to get adventurous and include other houses of worship in other real or imagined faith traditions.  Most of these will be in future posts, but, as a bonus, I've included one at the bottom.






For the one below, I kept my criteria the same, except I substituted "Klingon Temple" for Church (be sure to carefully check out the bizarre headstock on the Klingon Banjo...)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In which we discuss the Stanley Brothers cover of "Finger Popping Time" as well as a.i.'s own musical preferences

In which I discuss Bill Monroe's philosophy of life (and his horse) with a computer

"Christmas Time's a Coming" in haiku