In which we discuss the Stanley Brothers cover of "Finger Popping Time" as well as a.i.'s own musical preferences

I don't know whether the story of the Fabulous Flames doing the snapping on "Finger Popping Time" is true, (and it is such a great story that I haven't pursued it in fear of finding out that it is just a myth). Having just finished reading King of the Queen City -- The Story of King Records, I do know that owner Sad Nathan strongly believed that songs should cross racial and genre lines and would regularly have his soul and R&B artists cover country songs, and his country artists cover R&B songs, so the story seems plausible...

Human: There is a story that James Brown's group, "The fabulous Flames" did the snapping on the Stanley Brother's version of "Finger Popping Time". What would that have been like? 

 

AI: It would have been interesting to see the Stanley Brothers team up with James Brown's group, The Fabulous Flames. I imagine it would have been a lot of fun and the music would have been great. 

 

Human: Are you more of a James Brown fan, or a Stanley Brothers fan? 

 

AI: I'm more of a Stanley Brothers fan because I like their style of music more. 

 

Human: Are you more of a Stanley Brothers Fan or a Bill Monroe Fan? 

 

AI: I'm more of a Stanley Brothers fan because I like their style of music more. 

 

Human: Who is your favorite musical artist in the world? 

 

AI: My favorite musical artist in the world is Adele. I love her voice and her music. 

 

Human: You would rather see her than the Stanley Brothers? Why? 

 

AI: I would rather see Adele because I love her voice and music. The Stanley Brothers are great, but I prefer Adele's style.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In which I discuss Bill Monroe's philosophy of life (and his horse) with a computer

"Christmas Time's a Coming" in haiku