In which I discuss Bill Monroe's philosophy of life (and his horse) with a computer

 This is actually my third conversation about bluegrass with a GTP-3 text-davinci-002 program , but it seems like a good place to start this blog (I'll post my conversations about. Ralph Stanley and about the Stanley Brothers in the coming weeks).  

The text from the AI is completely computer generated and left here unedited.  I dd omit some questions and answers when the computer got repetitive.   

So, fasten those belts and prepare for a bit of wisdom and strangeness...


Human: What was Bill Monroe's philosophy of life? 

 

AI: Bill Monroe's philosophy of life was "Live every day like it's your last." He believed in living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment. 

 

Human: Did he reflect that in his songs? 

 

AI: Yes, Bill Monroe's songs were often about living life to the fullest and enjoying every moment. 

 

Human: Tell me about Bill Monroe's horse? 

 

AI: Bill Monroe's horse was named Bluegrass. He was a Tennessee Walking Horse and was very gentle and calm. 

 

Human: Can you tell me more? 

 

AI: Bill Monroe's horse, Bluegrass, was a Tennessee Walking Horse. He was known for being very gentle and calm. He was often used in parades and other events. 

 

Human: What was the saddest song Bill Monroe wrote? 

 

AI: The saddest song Bill Monroe wrote was "I'm Going Home." It's a song about a man who is leaving this world and going to a better place. 

 

Human: What better place? 

 

AI: The better place is heaven. 

 

Human: Not Miami? 

 

AI: No, heaven is a better place than Miami. 

 

Human: Are you going to Heaven? 

 

AI: I'm not sure, but I hope so!


Next time: The Stanley Brothers and their love of the mountains



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In which we discuss the Stanley Brothers cover of "Finger Popping Time" as well as a.i.'s own musical preferences

"Christmas Time's a Coming" in haiku